Slots are a huge part of what makes up the entire online casino universe. This is probably because slots are easy to understand and even online casino beginners will find them exciting and intriguing. Today’s slots are not like the old boring games where you had to match 3 lemons or cherry’s. Today’s slots have licensed themes from your favorite tv shows and movies, then they added some killer graphics and turned the old slot machines into an amazing experience.
- Reel – These are essentially the wheels where the symbols appear. The most common types of reels are 3 and 5.
- Spin – when you are ready to play you hot the spin button and the game begins. The Reels start to go around and when they stop any winning combinations are announced.
- Bonus Feature – This is a game apart from the base game where players can win more coins. When it comes to slots the bonus round is usually triggered by the appearance of a special symbol or combination of symbols.
- Max Bet – The highest amount of coins you can bet in a single spin.
- Payline – these are the lines that pay out when a winning combination lands on them. In a single line game it is a straight line across the screen but multi lines can have angles and bends and zig and zag depending on the game.
- Multiplier – Allows you to multiply your winnings or bet per line. Multipliers can be in the form of a special feature or a symbol on the reels.
- Scatter – The scatter is a special symbol that usually pays on any position and mostly triggers some form of special round, usually free spins feature.
- Wild – The wild can substitute for all other symbols except the scatter or special symbols. The wild helps complete winning combinations.
- RTP – Return to Player is the % a particular game will pay back to players in winnings.
Types of Slots
As mentioned there are three major types of slots, these are 3 reel, 5 reel and progressive slots. We will take a look at each and define the mechanics of how they work.
3 Reel Slots
Also known as retro, classic or traditional slots, these mechanical beauties tend to be fan favorites. This is mainly because of their simplistic characteristics and game play. They do tend to have the lowest payout tables; however, they are also quite affordable to play. 3 reel slots are exactly that, they have three wheels that host symbols. Which means the paylines occur in combinations of three.
Since the inception of slots, most had just one single payline. These are of course not as popular with the introduction of three payline and five payline versions. 3 reel slots which offer more excitement and dynamics. The reason why 3 reel slots are called classic is because they feature classic slot symbols in the form of fruits. This of course alludes to the Vegas slots that featured plenty of fruits on the reels. Other popular classic symbols include lucky red sevens, single, double, triple bars as well as golden bells.
5 Reel Slots
5 reel slot are all the hype and rightfully so. They feature a plethora of activities, features and symbols which make them exciting. Expect the fire works with these slots, from wilds, scatters, cascading reels, stacked wilds, expanding symbols, bonus rounds, free spins, multipliers, separate reels, and some have over 200 paylines. 5 reel slots also vary in genre, they draw influences from so many areas including books, movies, tv shows, music, comic books, brands, history, countries and so many more things. Gaming developers are putting so much effort into these slots from the beautiful, crisp and opulent designs to the sound tracks.
Progressive slots don’t differ in terms of game play from 5 reel slots. The difference between these two is the maximum win. Most slots come with a built-in jackpot of coins which caps the highest win at that amount. Progressive jackpots accumulate throughout your game play and some can grow to several million CA$
How to Choose the Right Slots Game
When looking for the right slots game there are a few traits and factors you should look for. We have touched on quite a few of these already. The biggest thing to look out for is the RTP which is of course crucial to the number of times you will make any wins. The average RTP on any slot game is above 90% this has become the norm and most players almost expect an RTP exceeding 90.
Another thing to consider, which could be a matter of interest and complexity are the number of paylines. If playing a single payline game is more your style then, by all means go for it. However, if you like a little more challenge and opportunity then a multi payline game may be for you. Paylines can go up to 1024 ways to win. This of course allows you to form more winning opportunities.
Free spins, bonus games, and multipliers are all features that every single casino slot player wants in their game. They just make for an incredible game experience and ensures you never get bored.
Perhaps the biggest thing to look out for are the visuals! Games with sick looking graphics that are well-designed, intricate, colourful and just simply eye-catching will keep you more invested. So, find a game that excites you to play, this way you won’t actually feel like you are trying to win money.
- Always play max bet and max paylines, it is better to play for .05 per line and play all the paylines rather than play for more with less lines. Often the biggest jackpots are closed unless you are playing the max bet and or the max paylines. How silly would you feel if you lost out on a C$50,000 jackpot because you did not play max bet
- Don’t try to use slots as a get rich quick scam, this leads down a nasty road. Slots games like all casino games are meant to be played for fun.
- Payout rates, it is common for machines with a lower payout rate to have larger jackpots. In the long run, it is better to win smaller amounts over a prolonged period of time then to win big once in a very long time
How to Play
Part of the reason that online slots are the so popular is because they are simple to play. Below is a quick step by step of how to play slots:
Step 1: Place your bets per line by choosing the coin denominations you wish to bet. You can click the bet max button to bet the maximum bet allowable per spin.
Step 2: Select the paylines you wish to activate, this will of course depend on how many paylines there are.
Step 3: Click the spin button and get the reels moving, your objective is to land matching symbols on an activated payline.
Step 4: Use the autospin function to spin the reels uninterrupted.
Free things are something no one ever said they had enough of, ever. Most online casinos allow players to test out a lot of their games for free. These are known as demo versions and will allow you to get acquainted and familiar with a game before you play for real money. It’s a wonderful way to flex and maybe even win some virtual money, before actually doing so with your own money.
Best Online Slots Casino 2017
With thousands of online slots and online casinos offering them out there we wouldn’t even think of naming just a few and declaring them the best. It almost sound ludicrous, however there are some online slots casinos that certainly stand out and outshine the rest. For this reason, we will focus on the best online slots casino of 2017.
Below is a list of what we at Biral.ca consider to be some of the best online casinos for playing slots in 2017